1. Starting a website is crucial for any brand or business to grow. If you want to be known and reach a wider audience, a website is one of the most effective ways to build your web presence.
2. Whether you’re starting a website for your business, to host your online portfolio or simply to create a space for your thoughts, learning how to do it right increases the chances of your site fulfilling its objectives.
3. Having a website makes it easy for potential clients and customers to find you and your brand. With more people spending an increasing amount of time on the web, you want to make sure you’re there when they start looking for you.
4. For brands, having a website is a good way to engage their target market and identify their concerns related to their product or service.
How to Start Your Own Website
Learning how to start a website for free with Strikingly is pretty simple.
1. Identify your objectives for starting a website
Everything you put into the website - including your choice of templates and design elements should all be meant to fulfill your site’s goals. Identifying these goals beforehand will give your website and your entire digital marketing campaign a proper direction.
2. Select a template
Strikingly features a growing collection of website templates to get you started. The user-friendly website editor lets you customize your selected template to create a website that is uniquely yours. Choose your own color scheme and font style combinations, and add and delete sections depending on the objectives of your website.
3. Create your website content
Website copy should be written according to your target audience. Make sure to take the time to write engaging copy to keep your readers hooked. Don’t forget to add a call to action to let your visitors know exactly what they should do next after consuming your content.
4. Use engaging visuals
Text content is great but images and videos can also help convey certain messages effectively. People are drawn to images and are more likely to react to them. Choose your visuals wisely and be mindful of the file size specifications for various media to ensure that you don’t slow down your website with heavy image files.
5. Optimize for search engines
Make it easy for your target audience to find you. Optimize your website for search by editing your metadata and site titles, using your target keywords all over your content and building quality backlinks from other reputable sites.
6. Launch your website
Finally, it’s time to launch your site. Make sure you test out all links and buttons and try to view your website from other browsers as well.
The All-in-One Platform for Starting a Website
Modern website templates
All templates are mobile responsive so your website is guaranteed to look great in all devices
Easy to use website editor
Manage your content and add and delete sections easily with the intuitive website editor.
Connect your custom domain
Make your website more professional with a custom domain.
SEO and marketing tools
Start building your online visibility with SEO tools and social media integrations